Charles and the 12-String Jam

Posted by Cheryl P. | 2:00 PM
Thisall-new production features recent digital video shot with a Canon ZR40 Digital Video Camcorder, equipment on loan to me from Finatic. Thanks Fin! This was recorded later in the evening on Thursday, December 25, 2008 while visiting with family and friends in Dover, TN: In this video, I capture an improvised jam session with my Uncle Charles as he plays his Gibson 12-string guitar. The pickin' and grinnin' takes place in the recording studio where my Uncle records and produces a variety of the area's musical performers. In preparing this video for YouTube, I did not enhance the main performance at all. The sound is actually coming from the amp you see at the bottom right corner of the screen and was recorded with the camcorder's built-in microphone at the time of the video shoot. Charles also is playing the opening and closing pieces. When I added the opening piece I double tracked the audio and made it .03 seconds delayed from the main track. The closing piece was not long enough to use as it was for the credits and closing text panels so I cut and copied a piece of the track and then re-inserted it to give me enough audio to use under the credits as well as the other closing panels. This video was captured from the DV cassette using Pinnacle Movie Box+USB. The video was editied with Vegas 7. The credits were created with Windows Movie Maker. Please rate and comment on this video. .